Thursday, July 30, 2009

Alaska sketches, part 1


My mother-in-law took her children and their spouses on an Alaskan cruise in celebration of her 80th birthday. We had a great time. I was able to sketch a lot, and am posting most of my sketches, good and bad. (Ok, maybe not the airport sketches...)
A lady saw me sketching this totem and exclaimed, "Oh, I wish I could draw!", and that prompted me to rip out a blank page in my sketchbook, which I never do with my hardbound ones, hand it to her with a pencil, and say, "Anyone can draw." So she drew with me and did a good job on her own. Maybe she'll get herself a sketchbook and keep drawing.
A quick sketch of Ketchikan. I love boats and marinas.



Yes, the paper buckled. I don't mind.
The shoreline looked like this, leaving Vancouver.




Typical inside passage shoreline



More shoreline



No comments: