Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Doodles and sketches



Okay, it's probably a little morbid that I drew this picture, but no one involved should ever forget this event. How about this: doing drugs leads to one of 3 things: recovery, jail, or death.

Take your pick.









I taught a short drawing and cartooning class to kids this spring and one of the creativity exercises I have them do is to draw something out of a page of 20 circles. I realized it had been a while since I did that one myself, so I had some fun with it. I should do things like this more frequently.















Some doodles with a new marker.

9 comments:

owenswain said...

Wonderful stuff. I am so glad you decided to post to EDM again. Thanks for the inspiration.

Quilt knit said...

I love all of these. Life is fun, sad, terrifying, and full of choices to make. Very nice drawing lines.

Sherrie

Shirley said...

Glad you're posting again. I love some of your recent drawings....

Deborah said...

So agree with the first sketch. Love the idea of the circle exercise. I'll have to try that one. Thanks for sharing.

sue said...

I'm doing the sheet of circles in school tomorrow! We are doing lots of art and painted all afternoon today.

Leigh said...

Love the circle exercise. I think I'll try that. Great sketches

Karen Winters said...

Glad you're back to posting. The circles look like fun

Steve Penberthy said...

It was great meeting you at the Artist's Guild! Love your blog and your sketches; you have such a great sketching style. Hope to see you again soon! -- Steve

MD said...

Loving all your sketches and drawings. Love the idea of the 20 circles....such a good idea to get the juices flowing. Very inspiring work.
MD