Thursday, May 18, 2006

challenge 67 colored

The flowers were dying, so I didn't make any copies of the line drawing. I just added some watercolor, which of course made the paper buckle a bit since it is in my sketchbook. But it was fun to capture the color. Next time I'll have to do a true watercolor on watercolor paper. I actually captured the color of the vase, but it is a hideous color and while it was still dry I blotted it up. Looks much better blotted. Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Penny said...

Oh I love this vase of tulips! I like how you used more than one color on each tulip! Cool!

Bonny said...

Linda this colour version turned out fantastic! You have a good sense of colour - what looks well with the other colours. The variation in the tulips makes them so pretty and interesting to look at. The vase with the blotted colour seems to be a little more translucent; gives the impression you can look through it.
Nicely done!

Sioux said...

I love it...and the colors are spectacular!

pedalpower said...

Lovely! YOu might try a trick I learned from some illustrators over at IF. Several of them flip their drawings over and iron the back with an iron...they say it works great. I haven't tried it yet, but I assume you use a dry iron, no steam since you do not want to alter the watercolors.